Driver's Education Program
**POINT OF IMPACT MEETING -
1. Parent's of new drivers need to attend a 90 minute presentation.
2. Each new driver is required to submit a 40 hour driving log before taking the road test for their probationary driver's license. (50 hours should their parent not attend the 90 minute Parent Presentation).
DEVELOP LIFELONG DEFENSIVE DRIVING SKILLS
Instructors: Mr. Rayman and Mr. Hockert
Location: Glenville-Emmons High School Media Center
2020 Session: (30 hrs. - 3 Hours per day for 10 days)
Monday, June 1st - 3:00pm - 6:00pm (**90 Minute - Parent meeting to follow - 6:00pm to 7:30pm)
Tuesday, June 2nd and Wednesday, June 3rd - 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Thursday, June 4, Friday, June 9th and the following week - June 8th - June 12th, 2020 8:30am- 12:00
There will be a 90 minute Point of Impact meeting/registration for parents on Monday, June 1st, 2020 at 6:00pm until 7:30pm in the Glenville-Emmons High School Media Center.
The above schedule is for classroom time only. Behind the Wheel lessons are scheduled outside of class time as each student obtains his/her driving permit. We are willing to make accommodations for picking up or dropping off students at home for the Behind the Wheel portion, if needed.
STUDENT'S MUST PROVIDE A COPY OF A GOVERNMENT ISSUED BIRTH CERTIFICATE AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION.
FEE: $300 – $100 DEPOSIT BY JUNE 1, 2020. THE TOTAL FEE MUST BE PAID IN FULL BEFORE COMPLETION OF THE COURSE. ($300 Fee includes both 30 hours of classwork and 6 hours of Behind the Wheel with an instructor).
Make checks payable to Glenville-Emmons School District.
1. Students must be 15 years old by December 31, 2020 to participate. Upon completion of 30 hours of classroom instruction, students will receive a blue card in which they must present in order to take the permit test on or after their 15th birthday.
2. Students who have obtained a valid permit may schedule Behind the Wheel lessons. Students are required to notify their instructor at least one day before a BTW lesson if they cannot attend a scheduled lesson. If a student is unexcused for a Behind the Wheel lesson, he/she must pay a fee of $35 before another lesson will be scheduled.
3. Upon completion of the Behind the Wheel lessons, students will be given a white card. Students must be 16 years old and have had a permit for 6 months in order to take the road test. Students must practice driving with their parents in addition to their lessons. Some hours of practice must be at night. Students wishing to take the farm permit may do so before their 16th birthday and have the 6-month practice time waived. Students must make an appointment for the road test, have a parent present, and have the white card verifying they have successfully completed 6 hours of Behind the Wheel instruction.
Call GEHS for more information: 1-507-448-2889